The Orthopedic Clinic at Student Health is staffed by a physician, a nurse practioner, a certified athletic trainer and a patient accounts representative.
Orthopedic consults are offered daily.
- Assessment and care of injuries, perssistant musculoskeletal pain, and concussions
- Sports physicals including ECG for Missouri S&T student-athletes
- Referrals to specialists when appropriate
- Assistance in scheduling the referral appointments
- Preauthorization of ordered procedures when required by insurance companies
- Orders for diagnostic testing to be done at outside facilities. These tests (x-ray, MRI, CT, ultrasound, etc) are billed to the student’s insurance by the facility performing the test
- Orthopedic equipment such as crutches, slings, ace wraps, braces and orthopedic boots are available for loan or purchase. Charges will be billed to the student’s Joe’SS account
- Therapeutic exercise programs for rehabilitation of minor injuries and referral to Physical Therapy if indicated. Physical Therapy is done at outside facilities and services are billed to insurance by the facility performing the service.
- Medications and/or prescriptions for the treatment of injuries