- Patient Portal Log In
- About SHS
- Our Services
- Student Information
- Sports Medicine
- Worker's Comp
- Student Mentoring Program
Appointments are required for Well Woman Exams. Once you have made an appointment, some forms will be uploaded to your patient portal. Please fill these out ahead of time.
Please allow 1 hour for your exam, and be prepared to give a urine specimen.
Well woman exams are covered by the student health fee students are is free of charge. However, Pap and STD testing are NOT covered by the student health fee. Please contact us for current pricing.
You may not need a pelvic exam if:
- You are only interested in birth control and you are not having any problems
- You are under the age of 21
- If you have already had your pap through another provider. Please bring in a copy of your results to prevent repeating test.
Plan B is available through Student Health! However, we do not dispense other birth control. If you would like to start birth control, the provider will write you a prescription that you can take to the pharmacy of your choice. The provider will work with you to find a type of birth control that is affordable or covered by your insurance.
Learn more about sexual health and birth control.
PAP TESTING GUIDELINES
As of May 2012, the guidelines for Cervical Cancer testing (pap testing) are:
- First pap test needs to be done at age 21, regardless of sexual history.
- Pap testing before age 21 is discouraged because it may lead to unnecessary and harmful treatment in women at very low risk of cancer.
- Pap testing is recommended every 3 years for women who have not had abnormal Pap tests.
- If the pap test is abnormal, HPV testing will be done automatically, and based on those results, the pap may be repeated in one year or referral to a gynecologist may be made.
Click here for more information about pap testing, pelvic exams, and breast exams.