- Patient Portal Log In
- About SHS
- Our Services
- Student Information
- Sports Medicine
- Worker's Comp
- Student Mentoring Program
Student Health offers STD testing on a walk in basis.
Any individual can be screened for STDs.
You may specify that you would like to see a male or a female provider, if one is available. Your healthcare provider will review your history and make recommendations for testing.
Annual STD testing is highly recommended for the following high risk people:
- Women under 25 that are sexually active
- Women age 25+ that have multiple partners
- Men that have sex with men
- Any individual with STD symptoms (burning with urination, penile discharge, pelvic pain etc.)
- Individuals with a partner that has tested positive for an STD.
Common tests performed at Student Health are:
- Test for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea.
- Test for HIV and Syphilis
Depending on the test that is ordered results can be available within 2-10 days. Results will be uploaded to your secure Patient Portal. If you test positive, we will ask you to come back to Student Health for treatment.
Please keep in mind that while getting regular tests for STD's and condoms make sex SAFER, it is never risk free.